Health, Safety, and Environment
Alstar is committed to a strong, effective, and evolving HSE program that protects our community, our people, our clients, and the environment. Our HSE program is a pillar to our organization that produces a culture demonstrated by our workforce at work and at play.
HSE Program Initiatives
- Leadership Training Program (LTP) shapes a top-down culture of safety throughout our organization through developed consistency and education of our leadership team;
- Mandatory compliance of our 12 Life Saving Rules that work to significantly reduce incidents;
- Member in good standing with ISN, ComplyWorks, and Avetta (formerly PICS);
- In-house employee training and competency programs;
- Formal Substance Abuse Program that included pre-employment drug and alcohol testing;
- In-Vehicle Monitoring System (IVMS) providing safe journey management, driving habit monitoring, and location tracking (through GPS) of our entire fleet;
- Short Service Worker (SSW) and Industry Competent, Alstar New (ICAN) programs that provide protection, mentorship, and evaluation of young, new, and experienced but new to Alstar employees; and
- Other leading indicator HSE performance programs that include behaviour-based report cards, supervisor HSE audit program, preventative maintenance program, near-miss and incident investigations, and return to work program.