Industry Leading Safety Program
Alstar incorporates our industry leading safety program into all that we do. Safety is not just a core value, it is a culture produced within the workforce and adopted outside of work as well.
Alstar’s driving force is safety culture, and it is demonstrated and lead right from the top.
Safety Program Initiative
Alstar is committed to a strong and effective safety program. Our goal is to protect staff, property, clients and the public from accident and injury.
Here is a list of items that we continuously review, and improve to maintain a safe workplace environment:
- Safety manual rewrites and adding additional safe work procedures
- Manual lifting reduction
- Increased training and auditing of our supervisors
- Formal Drug and Alcohol program including mandatory pre-employment
- ISN and RAV’s
- Action Log to track all HSE items to completion
- Multiyear HSE planning
- Built and implemented fall protection plans and daily inspection documentation
- Journey Management Program
- Trained investigators in TapRooT investigations
- Adopted and trained our workers in 12 Life Saving Rules to help reduce incidents
- In vehicle monitoring of driving and location (GPS)(IVMS)
- In depth and multilevel orientations to deal with specific training and requirements